Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New York




Hello lovies! I know that some of you already know but some of you may not....I am moving to New York (Brooklyn) on June 1st! I know, I know, how exciting! I am actually up in the city as we speak doing the dreaded apartment search. For the purpose of this conversation let's just give the dreaded apartment search a name, Voldemort only seems appropriate to me. So, my main squeeze and I got to the city yesterday in a complete downpour and proceeded to take an eventful bus ride into Brooklyn Heights to begin the dreaded apartment search (aka Voldemort). Little did we know that the weather was going to take a turn for the worst! Coming directly from Savannah at 3:30 in the morning I was still in shorts and now completely soaked to the bone. Thankfully, I was able to quickly buy some tights and pathetically put them on and try to retain some of the warmth that I hoped was still left in my body. A few extremely overpriced (let's also mention the crazy broker fee) apartments later my main squeeze and I were standing on the corner still in the pouring rain, appearing to be the epitome of the inexperienced apartment hunter when we actually became even more miserable.

Let's just use this picture as a visual.


Photo courtesy of Metro.co.uk

Ok, ok it wasn't this awful but this is what we felt like. Treading back to Greenpoint, completely defeated, we knew the only thing that would raise our spirits was to dry off, change clothes and of course, have New York pizza. We went to a place called Paulie Gees. I can honestly say that it was the best pizza that I have ever had. From the atmosphere, to the servers, to the pizza, it made a not so great day end on a good note. If you are ever in the Greenpoint area it is definitely worth the trip.

We will be here until Thursday (let me know if anyone knows of apartments for rent!) looking at different places. I'll be manifesting that a good apartment awaits in my future, we just have to find out where it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment